Asking For Help is Not a Sign of Weakness! It is a brave and critical First Step! ASK a Question Now! (No registration needed.)

I have a 7 year old son lost my job and have no help

0 votes
asked Dec 2, 2018 by Tinita karauria  
Im in need of help to get back home ive lost my job and no money and stressing out how to keep afloat with my 7year old son if you can point me in the right direction how to get some help please call me on 0414031129
Country: Brisbane

Your answer

By submitting an answer you warrant and confirm to us that you agree to comply with the Three Laws of Find Angel : Not-for-Profit, Positive, and Equal. Thank you for making this world a better place, Angel!
Please Contact Us if you need any technical help! Get daily Angel Help Request Notification here!
Be Someone’s Angel Today!

Please enter your answer in the box below:

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.

2 Answers

0 votes
answered Dec 7, 2018 by KS  
I truly wish I had a better answer to help ....all I can recommend is that you seek help  from a church .....your country is listed as Brisbane ..but in the US we have Catholic Charities and many churches have St Vincent De Paul societies .....they will help people regardless of their beliefs or lack of  please  do not let anyone tell you otherwise  they would be misinformed ....It cannot hurt to ask and no need for embarrassment's what they are there for ..perhaps you have the Salvation Army  as well ....I'm sure someone at these organizations ( or any place of worship for that matter)  could at least point you in the right direction to locate the resources you and your child need or may have some readily available themselves.Hope this helps at least some ...Saying a prayer for you
0 votes
answered Jan 2 by Hope   6 11 36
Oh, I am so very sorry that you are having such a hard time. Here are some places to turn to:

1) DHS (Dept. of Family and Children Services)
2) local churches - you can to to their offices during the week and ask for help, but you might do better attending not just church but also Sunday School and letting people know your situation. Visit all the churches in your area. Don't give up. A Good Samaritan will eventually show up.
3) other organizations in your area. The church offices and DHS or local school offices can tell you the names of organizations in your area that might help.
4) schools your children go to - some times they have emergency funds for situations like yours

Do not allow people who seem to be heartless about your situation discourage you. Pray for them as a cold heart is a very sad thing. Keep asking until you find the help you need. Unfortunately because so many people lie online for money it is very unlikely that you would receive money from online requests, but in-person requests should get you some help, especially one-on-one requests.

Share this question

Welcome to Angels Online Help Desk, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the public community of ANGELS - people share similar vision and mission of helping others and making this world a better place.

You can ask or answer questions without registering. Spam or any for-profit message is not allowed here. This is NOT a Crowdfunding Site.

Please note that all questions and answers here are OPEN to the PUBLIC. We do NOT evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. We provide the platform for people to share PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and express PUBLIC OPINION. It is NOT a replacement for professional help.

::Terms of Service::

::Get Help Request Alert::


If you or someone you know is in an emotional distress or suicidal crisis, please also call:
The Lifeline (US) at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The Hopeline (US) at 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
National Domestic Violence (US) at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
National Sexual Assault Hotline (US) at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
Victims of Crime Connect (US) at 1-855-4VICTIM (855-484-2846)
Boys Town (US) at 1-800-448-3000
Dial 211 (US) at 211
The Trevor Project (US) at 1-866-488-7386
GLBT National Hotline (US) at 1-888-843-4564
TRANS Lifeline (US) at 1-877-565-8860
Crisis Text Line (US) Text START to 741741
Samaritans (UK) at 08457 90 90 90
Mind Infoline (UK) at 0300 123 3393
Rethink Mental Illness (UK) at 0300 5000 927
Breathing Space (Scotland) at 0800 83 85 87
Samaritans (Ireland/ROI) at 1850 60 90 90
1life (Ireland/ROI) at 1800 24 7 100
The Lifeline (New Zealand) at 0800 543 354
The Lifeline (Australia) at 13 11 14
NGF Hopeline (Philippines) at (632) 804-HOPE(4673) or 2919
Visit Befrienders for other countries.


Inform me of new Angel Help Request

5,829 questions

12,527 answers


568 users

Related questions

+1 vote
1 answer 128 views
0 votes
0 answers 10 views
0 votes
1 answer 31 views
asked Jan 15, 2014 by anonymous