Asking For Help is Not a Sign of Weakness! It is a brave and critical First Step! ASK a Question Now!
0 votes
I'm a 24 year old single mom with no help from nobody. I work a full time job and a part time job plus go to school part time. They have me off work ever since the said I had cancer. They are doing a major surgery and hope it works. My sister in law wants to come see me and be here to care for me and my 2 year old son after the surgery. I don't have a clue where to turn to or who to ask for help. My son father has nothing to do with him so i've been doing it by myself from the jump. It's hard when your trying to take care of your child and your sick from all your meds they have you on. I cry and pray to god everyday to please help me and send me and angle. As i sit here and write this i am balling my eyes out. Somebody please be my angle and help me or tell me who to ask.
Country: USA

Your answer

By submitting an answer you warrant and confirm to us that you agree to comply with the Three Laws of Find Angel : Not-for-Profit, Positive, and Equal. Thank you for making this world a better place, Angel!
Please Contact Us if you need any technical help! Get daily Angel Help Request Notification here!
Be Someone’s Angel Today!

Please enter your answer in the box below:

Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:
To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.

1 Answer

0 votes
Profile Photo by goodwill ANGEL24K (33.8k points)   5 12 60

I am so sorry you are going through all of this... Have you tried contacting the Salvation Army or various cancer groups? Do you have state or private health insurance - some insurance plans allow for payment to a caretaker. There is also a government program called in home support services - your sister in law could receive payment while she cares for you and at least it will be some help. In terms of actually getting her to you, I would also try various airlines, amtrak and greyhound. Sometimes, they offer discounted rates in these types of emergency situations. It doesn't hurt to ask. Is there a child support order? Go to your local family court and talk to one of the advocates there - it is free. Granted you may be there a while and you may not feel all that great right now, but it will be worth it. You can make her brother (I am assuming that is your baby's father) pay for her to come down or any other type of care your child may need. He need not have any contact with the child but he does have to be responsible.

Don't lose hope and don't give up. Your baby still needs you. I hope this helped
Profile Photo by goodwill ANGEL24K (33.8k points)   5 12 60
I also wanted to mention - it is a single parent assistance website. It will give you information on various support programs and resources in your area. It is completely free and the majority of services are free or at little cost.
as for his father who is sitting in jail headed to prison for 32 years i can't get nothing cause he's not on any of his stuff and it's my brother who passed away wife that's coming to help me. I've called all kinds of places and everyone says they don't help get people home anymore.  I won't go to the family courts cause then his family will know where we are at and they are all crazy.
Profile Photo by goodwill ANGEL24K (33.8k points)   5 12 60
Try the They help with housing costs, etc. Try these other sites as well:
What state are you in? I know in California they have a program In home support services (IHSS), which pays your caretaker at no expense to you. It is federally funded so there should be something similar wherever you live. Are you still in school? You can apply for an emergency loan from your financial aid office. I believe you can do up to $4000, at least that is the federal maximum. The amount may be different for your particular school. Do you have a pension (401k) through work? You can request a disability exception with them and take out your money from your retirement at no penalty cost. You could also set up a profile at This site does not deal at all with money. The giveforward site allows you to set up your profile and fundraise for money due to illness. They take 7% as a processing fee. I am not affiliated with them, nor have I tried it so I am not sure how it works. But it is worth looking into it. Keep trying... I also would not specifically request help to get your sister-in law home... be more general and just ask for donations. You can then use the money for whatever you need.  Don't despair. Good luck. Please keep me posted. If I hear of anything else, I will let you know.

Share this question

Welcome to Angels Online Help Desk, where you can ask questions and receive answers from the public community of ANGELS - people share similar vision and mission of helping others and making this world a better place.

You can ask or answer questions without registering. SPAM/SCAM or any for-profit message is NOT allowed here. This is NOT intended for Financial or Travel Support, and this is NOT a Crowdfunding Site, but you can post links to your campaign. We will not contact you for any personal information.

Please note that all questions and answers here are OPEN to the PUBLIC (everyone in the world) and are non-confidential. We do NOT evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. We provide the platform for people to share PERSONAL EXPERIENCE and express PUBLIC OPINION. It is NOT a replacement for professional help.

::Terms of Service::

::Get Help Request Alert::



If you or someone you know is in an emotional distress or suicidal crisis, please also call:
The Lifeline (US) at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The Hopeline (US) at 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433)
National Domestic Violence (US) at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
National Sexual Assault Hotline (US) at 1-800-656-HOPE (4673)
Victims of Crime Connect (US) at 1-855-4VICTIM (855-484-2846)
Boys Town (US) at 1-800-448-3000
Dial 211 (US) at 211
The Trevor Project (US) at 1-866-488-7386
GLBT National Hotline (US) at 1-888-843-4564
TRANS Lifeline (US) at 1-877-565-8860
Crisis Text Line (US) Text START to 741741
Samaritans (UK) at 08457 90 90 90
Mind Infoline (UK) at 0300 123 3393
Rethink Mental Illness (UK) at 0300 5000 927
Breathing Space (Scotland) at 0800 83 85 87
Samaritans (Ireland/ROI) at 1850 60 90 90
1life (Ireland/ROI) at 1800 24 7 100
The Lifeline (New Zealand) at 0800 543 354
The Lifeline (Australia) at 13 11 14
NGF Hopeline (Philippines) at (632) 804-HOPE(4673) or 2919
Visit Befrienders for other countries:
Argentina: +5402234930430
Australia: 131114
Austria: 017133374
Belgium: 106
Bosnia & Herzegovina: 080 05 03 05
Botswana: 3911270
Brazil: 212339191
Bulgaria: 0035 9249 17 223
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
Croatia: 014833888
Denmark: +4570201201
Egypt: 7621602
Finland: 010 195 202
France: 0145394000
Germany: 08001810771
Hong Kong: +852 2382 0000
Hungary: 116123
Iceland: 1717
India: 8888817666
Ireland: +4408457909090
Italy: 800860022
Japan: +810352869090
Mexico: 5255102550
New Zealand: 0508828865
The Netherlands: 113
Norway: +4781533300
Philippines: 028969191
Poland: 5270000
Russia: 0078202577577
Spain: 914590050
South Africa: 0514445691
Sweden: 46317112400
Switzerland: 143
United Kingdom: 08006895652
USA: 18002738255
You are not alone. Please reach out.


Inform me of new Angel Help Request

6.9k questions

15.1k answers


625 users

Related questions

0 votes
1 answer 99 views
+1 vote
1 answer 105 views
+2 votes
2 answers 115 views
+1 vote
2 answers 242 views